5 benefits of installing a water softener in your home
Ontario’s hard water can be a nightmare for homes. Hard water contains high concentrations of calcium and magnesium, and these minerals can damage appliances and plumbing fixtures. Installing a water softener removes these minerals from the water, which has many benefits. Here are five:
- You’ll save money. Hard water leaves crusty traces of minerals. These deposits build up over time, leading to clogged water pipes and ruined fixtures. It can also damage dishwashers, washing machines and coffee makers. A water softener can prevent costly repairs and prolong the life of your appliances. Also, a water softener prevents limescale from forming on the elements in a hot water tank. Your water heater will perform more efficiently, saving you money on energy bills.
- You’ll enjoy brighter and softer clothes. Doing laundry in hard water can leave your clothes stiff and scratchy. It also fades coloured fabrics. With a water softener, you’ll enjoy fresh, comfy clothes that keep their new appearance for longer.
- You’ll have cleaner dishes. Whether you have an automatic dishwasher or not, hard water leaves a residue on everything it touches. Using soft water to wash dishes means you won’t have to polish your wine glasses and cutlery to remove those unsightly white spots.
- Hard water leaves rust stains on bathtubs, toilets and sinks. It also causes limescale buildup on faucets and showerheads. Cleaning these stains is challenging and time-consuming. When you use soft water, you won’t have to spend as much time cleaning, so you have more time to do the things you love.
- Your hair and skin will thank you. A shower or bath in soft water leaves your skin much softer and smoother than in hard water. Hard water removes your skin’s natural oils, leaving it dry and itchy. Soft water also restores the pH level in your hair, eliminating dry frizzy locks.
Water softeners are complex mechanisms, so it’s best to hire a reputable, certified plumber to install your water softener.
Water softener installation and repairs in Guelph, Cambridge, Waterloo and Woodstock
At Aire One Heating & Cooling, our water softener service includes installation, maintenance and repairs. If you can’t afford a new water purification or HVAC unit, ask about our rental services, with easy monthly payments. Contact us today to learn more about our water softener service in Kitchener, Guelph, Cambridge, Waterloo, Woodstock and the surrounding area.