The last thing you want is a broken-down furnace in the middle of an Ontario winter. Aire One Heating & Cooling offers furnace repair services for our residential and commercial clients in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph and surrounding areas. Our experienced HVAC technicians have the knowledge and the equipment to repair any furnace model.
Contact us today to schedule a heating system repair with one of our technicians and keep your home cozy and comfortable this winter.
Reasons you may need your furnace repaired
If your furnace is getting older, it may experience some of these common problems.
- Dirty or clogged air filter. A dirty air filter blocks the air flow and will make your furnace work harder than it needs to. If your furnace filter is clogged, it may force your unit to overheat and shut down. Fortunately, replacing a furnace filter is a quick and easy - just remove the old filter and replace it with a new filter.
- Broken thermostat. Your thermostat talks to your furnace and tells it when to turn on and off. If your house is excessively hot or cold or your furnace fails to turn off by itself, you may have a problem with your thermostat. Before calling a professional, ensure the thermostat has fresh batteries.
- Malfunctioning ignition control. Your pilot light is a small flame that ignites the natural gas that heats the air in your home. If there's something wrong with the pilot light, your furnace won't be able to produce heat. Always call a pro for a gas furnace repair, as you need a qualified technician to do the job safely.
- Inadequate maintenance. Furnaces need annual cleaning and maintenance. Without proper care, things are more likely to wear down and break. A professional HVAC technician can clean, calibrate and lubricate the entire system to keep it running smoothly. A technician can also spot and make minor repairs before they turn into expensive ones.
Book A Quote
Signs your furnace needs repair
Get in touch with us if you notice the following warning signs:
- A rising energy bill
- Frequent repairs and replacement of parts
- Different temperatures in different rooms
- Strange noises
- Dry, dusty, stuffy or stale air
Don't risk enduring a moment of our Ontario winters without heating. Furnaces usually last approximately 15-20 years. If yours is approaching retirement age, consider a replacement or upgrade; don't wait until you need an emergency furnace repair.
When to replace your furnace
There are times when a furnace repair is too costly, and it's better to replace it. Here are some signs it's time to replace your furnace.
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old.
- Your furnace needs regular, costly repairs no longer covered under warranty.
- Your energy use is going up with no explanation. A furnace loses efficiency as it ages and works harder to heat your home.
- The repair cost is at least 50 per cent of the cost of a new, high-efficiency furnace.
If it's time to replace your furnace, consider a new Carrier furnace from Aire One Heating & Cooling. We're an authorized Carrier dealer and carry high-efficiency models with annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) ratings of more than 90 per cent.
Furnace maintenance and repair services in Kitchener-Waterloo
If you live in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge or Guelph areas and need an electric or gas furnace repair, Aire One Heating & Cooling has you covered. And if you're desperately searching online for "emergency furnace repair near me," rest assured that our team is ready to go 24/7. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.