Boilers Maintenance and Repairs in Kitchener and Surrounding Areas
Every appliance in your home has a lifespan, including your boiler. Inevitably, things corrode, break down and fall apart. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to lengthen the lifespan of your boiler.
For example, regular maintenance can prevent inconvenient and costly repairs and help your boiler operate at maximum efficiency for many years. If your system does break down, the technicians at Aire One Heating & Cooling Kitchener-Waterloo are available 24/7 and can promptly visit your property and get your unit running again.
Boiler repair and boiler maintenance services in Waterloo and Guelph
Boiler systems consist of many parts, including burners, elements, pipes, gauges and fittings, and if something goes wrong in any one of these areas, the entire unit won’t function. Common boiler problems include:
- Leaks.Water pooling underneath your boiler can be caused by a faulty component or seal, a corroded part or excessive water pressure.
- Low boiler pressure. Low pressure may indicate a leak, an obstruction in the pipes or a faulty pressure valve.
- Boiler kettling. Lime and calcium deposits can restrict water flow to your boiler, causing the water to overheat and boil.
- Frozen condensate pipes. Freezing is common in cold climates. You can thaw your condensate pipe by pouring warm water over it.
- The thermostat fails to trigger the boiler. The thermostat could be set incorrectly, or you may have to replace it.
- No heat or hot water. A lack of heat could mean a broken part or a defective thermostat.
- Strange boiler noises. Rumbling and groaning sounds usually mean there’s air in the system. Bleeding the radiators can fix this problem.
- The pilot light goes out. If your pilot light doesn’t stay lit, you may have a faulty thermocouple. Additionally, check for strong drafts around your boiler that may blow the flame out or double-check if your natural gas supply has been turned off.
Fortunately, we offer water boiler services at discounted rates for our maintenance plan for homes in the Kitchener area. With scheduled, regular visits, a technician can catch minor problems before they become expensive repairs.
Book A Quote
Should you repair or replace your boiler?
The choice between repairing or replacing your boiler depends on several factors, including:
- Safety. If your hot water boiler system is old and outdated, it may not meet current safety guidelines. If this is the case, replacement may be the best option.
- Cost of the repair. It can be challenging to find replacement parts for older boilers. Moreover, new parts can be expensive. Therefore, it may be more economical to buy a new boiler.
- Energy efficiency savings. Even if a technician can fix your boiler, it may be cheaper over the long run to invest in a high-efficiency boiler now.
- Frequency of repairs. If you see your boiler repair technician too often, you should consider replacing it.
- Future lifespan. Think of the lifespan of your current boiler and the costs associated with keeping it alive. Remember, repairs for new models will be covered by a warranty.
A consultation with an experienced boiler technician with Aire One Heating & Cooling Kitchener-Waterloo can help you decide the best way forward.
Boiler maintenance and repair services in Kitchener-Waterloo
At Aire One Heating & Cooling in Kitchener-Waterloo, we can maintain and repair most makes and models of boiler systems, even ones we don’t sell. We also provide 24/7 emergency services. Contact us today to speak with one of our experts and learn about our maintenance plan.